Did I love this book? No. Do I hate this book? No. *cue book reviewer crisis* I literally have no idea how to review this book, but I shall endeavour to try. I recived this book as an ARC through Netgalley (so thank you to the publishers)
- The characters were well done. The side characters that is, particularly Koula. She was my favourite character. I think Susin should write a whole book on Koula. I want to know so much more about her; I want to see where she goes in life.
- CATS CATS CATS! I kinda adore cats. There were a lot of cats in this book, and they were all named after book characters. #COOL
- Petula loved to read! yay for bookworm characters!
- Petula's parents were pretty awesome, very understanding and supportive. #YAY FOR GOOD PARENTS
-I really enjoyed Susin's writing style!
- THE LOVE TROPE. This has got to be the most over used, annoying trope EVER. Basically it goes like this: Girl has mental illness. Girl meets boy. Girl falls in love with boy. Boy somehow magically cures girl of mental illness (or something similar). And that's exactly what went down in this book. Please allow me to roll my eyes.
AND THAT WAS MY REVIEW OF OPTIMISTS DIE FIRST. Have you read it yet? If so, what are your thoughts on the representation of anxiety? Have you read any good books about anxiety? TELL ME ALL IN THE COMMENTS.