Monday, 13 April 2015

The Book Thief Review

So yes....I have been reading two books at once.*hides face in shame* But to be honest, A Crown of Swords has been draining me of all my energy. The first half of the book was fast paced; but now I'm only reading 10 pages at a time. :( But this post is not about A Crown of Swords. So into the review!
(btw I only just realised why there are dominoes on the cover.....and IT HURTS SOO MUCH LIKE WHYYYYY MARKUS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME)
I really enjoyed this book. I will go so far as to say I loved it. But I do have a few problems with it.
I found it hard to get into. It took me about 50 pages to get into, give or take. It was also rather confusing at the beginning. It follows Liesel, an almost orphan during WW2, over a span of 4 years. Liesel is a cute, sometimes stubborn(just kiss him already!) character. What I liked about the characters in this book is that even though they never existed, you feel like they did because their character is just so complete that they could have been real. If you don't like swearing, I don't recommend this book. Among the swear words are: sh*t, damn, G**damnit. Insults include:  'pig' 'swine'. They also use 'Crucified Christ' and 'Jesus Mary Joseph' when their startled, angry etc. As for the ending...well all I can say was that it killed me. I didn't cry, I sort of  got all teary and just sat on my bed in shock. The plot line can be a little confusing at times, but other wise this was an amazing book. I'd give it a 6 1/2 out of 10 stars.
Namarie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.