Saturday, 26 September 2015

Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan review

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've done a book review, and Winter's Heart was so amazing I just HAD to review it. There will be two parts to this review: The un-spoilerly part, and the spoiler part(rated R-People who have read the book ;) )
                                                                            

Sooo. Winter's Heart. Book nine of The Wheel of Time, the high fantasy series by Robert Jordan that has 15 books(including the prequel). I can't believe I'm already on book 9! I can remember reading book one and thinking "ARGH what I have got myself into?! 15 BOOKS!" Well time does fly!
   Winter's Heart is the best book since The Fires of Heaven(book five). So many things happened that I never thought would happen!
 My one and only complaint is the length of the prologues at the beginnings of the books. For some reason unknown to me, Robert's books always start with a prologue. Ok, you say, what's wrong with a prologue? HAHAHAHAHAHA....hahahahahaha...haahaha..haha..ha..
You've never read one of his prologues, obviously.

1) These prologues are always extremely long, sometimes reaching lengths of almost a hundred pages...A HUNDRED PAGES!!

2) These prologues NEVER include one of the main characters. They DO include characters you've never met before that NEVER become main characters, and minor characters from previous books that you hardly remember.

3) They aren't always interesting(depending)

    Ok! End of the un-spoilerly part! Leave now if you've never read The Wheel of Time,                 
because Winter's Heart contains some of the biggest spoilers for the series.

                        Leave if you have read some of the books, but haven't read Book Nine yet.
                                                         Don't say I didn't warn you.








                                                                     *SCREAMS*
Ok. I feel better now. This book was one hella of a roller coaster ride. THAT ENDING THOUGH.

1) Aviendha and Elayne becoming first sisters.

This was one of the most touching moments in the book. I was sooo happy that they were finally first sisters! I've been waiting since, like, book 7/8 for this to happen!

2) When Perrin finds out about Faile being kidnapped by the Shaido Aiel.
   GRRR this broke my heart. I shipped them so hard. Then they finally get married, and then BAM. Faile is kidnaped and Perrin doesn't know where she is!!!!!!!

3) Masema meeting with Seanchan.
I always knew this man was insane, but he's more than just insane now. He's completely bonkers. Plus he's a traitor!

4) Elayne almost getting murdered.
ASDFGHJKL I really though she had died. Thank goodness she didn't....*glares at Robert Jordan*

5) Hanlon(aka Mellar!) is actually a Darkfriend, and is now the Captain of the Queen's bodyguard! Which means he could kill Elayne when he wants to! ARGH I HATE HIM SO MUCH!!!

6) Elayne, Aviendha and Min bonding Rand as a Warder.
This was sooo cute! I loved this part. I'm still not sure who I ship with Rand. Probably Aviendha or Elayne.

7) Rand and Nynaeve cleansing Saidin from the taint.
OMGS IT ACTUALLY HAPPEND LIKE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOREVER IT HAPPEND!!!!!!!!! And now Rand won't go mad, or any other Asha'man or man who can channel, because the taint is gone!

8) Mat meeting the Daughter of the Nine Moons(and kidnapping her!!!!!)
I DIED WHEN HE FOUND OUT THAT TUON WAS THE DAUGHTER OF THE NINE MOONS. THEY HAVE TO GET MARRIED NOW. Wasn't Mat's reaction when he found out she was the Daughter of the Nine Moons funny? I died laughing.

So that was my review of Winter's Heart. I really enjoyed it, and I give it 5/5 stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.