Friday, 22 January 2016

The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I have some 'unpopular opinions' on books...so why not share them using this tag?
(Also please don't get offended. These are just my personal opinions on books.)



1) A popular book/series that everyone loved, but you hated.
99 Days by Katie Cotungo. UGH The main character was so stupid, and I just didn't like this book.




2) A popular book/series that everyone seems to hate, but you loved.
The Maze Runner trilogy by James Dashner. I personally adored this trilogy, but I know that a lot of people hate it.
Also everybody says that City of Bones is their least favorite book from the Mortal Instruments. Am I the only one whose favorite book from TMI was City of Bones?!!



3) A love triangle where the main character did not end up with the love interest that you wanted them to end up with.
Actually this hasn't happened to me yet.



4) A popular genre that you never seem to read.
For some reason I don't seem to read very much YA sci-fi(and by sci-fi I mean intergalactic-adventures type sci-fi)
I was going to say YA contemporary, but I've been reading quite a few contemporaries lately. I'm basically on a contemporary binge read, because that's all I really want to read.



5) A popular or beloved character that you did not like, but everyone else seems to love.
Gale from The Hunger Games. I didn't like Gale right from the start, but I know a lot of people do like him.



6) A popular author whose books you just can't get into.
I'm a very easy person to please when it comes to books. Rarely do I dislike a book or an author. So I guess I don't have an answer for this one.



7) A book trope that your tired of seeing.

That one where two characters fall in love on first sight. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN IRL AUTHORS. PLEASE STAPH WITH THIS TROPE.


8) A popular book series that you have no interest in reading.

Twilight.


9) What tv show/movie adaptation of a book/series did you enjoy more than the work it was based off of.
I know a lot of people are going to be really mad....but The Hobbit.
There. I said it. Don't get me wrong, I adore the book, it's just the world is not completely developed, I found the elves to be portrayed in a very different light than the ones in LOTR(the ones in TH are...childish) and I hate how we didn't get to see Fili and Kili's  deaths. All we got a was a sentence about their deaths, and then like a whole five pages for Thorin's death scene, wheras in the movies, everything is fully developed, the elves are not childish, we get to see things that were going on at the time of the Hobbit, but were barely mentioned in the book, and we see Fili and Kili's deaths. Also I love Tauriel, and she wasn't in the book...so yeah. The movies make for a better prequel to LOTR than the book did.

6 comments:

  1. I think that Fili's and Kili's deaths were messed up in the movie, since it just had them be caught by bad guys and killed. But in the book they actually died defending Thorin, which could have easily been put in a movie. It would have made them more heroic and probably would have redeemed Kili's character, since he acts like an idiot throughout practically the entire trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Kili acted like an idiot. He's young, and supposed to be reckless and full of fun. I preferred Fili and Kili having their own separate deaths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Maze Runner!!! I'm reading The Death Cure right now!
    This looks like a fun book tag. May I do it on my blog even though I haven't been tagged?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course mellon! I don't tag people anymore because I don't like tagging some people and then forgetting other people. So I just leave it open for anyone who wants to do it. So yes, I tagged you. XD

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.