Monday, 1 February 2016

25 Bookish Facts About Me | TAG

Here are 25 bookish facts about me.

1) I try to buy hardback copies of books, and hardback only. The reason for this is I want my books to last me my whole life, and sadly, softcovers get destroyed within a year, despite the fact that I'm really careful with them.

2) I own 57 books( two of which have not arrived in the mail: Glass Sword and The Only Pirate At The Party) I will always be adding to this number.

3) I read LOTR at age ten. Which means all you adults who say you can't read them don't have an excuse.

4) I can read very fast. Like, really fast. For an instance: I read City of Bones and The Heir in one night. That is only a small example, however, of my reading powers. This is why my monthly reading wrap ups are so long.

5) My record for most-books-borrowed-from-library-in-one-session is currently 11. Help.

6) I am an easy person to please when it comes to books.

7) I hardly ever listen to audio books. This is something that needs to change.

8) I almost always need a snack or a cup of tea while reading. Don't ask me why.

9) I usually read at night.

10) I hate unhauling books.

11) I re-read books all the time.

12) The book I have re-read the most is The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

13) I am on book 11 of The Wheel of Time. *sighs* 4 more mammoth books to go including the prequel. Because this is such an emotional, exhausting series to read(I love it though) I will be continuing with book 11 in the summer.

14) I love when books have maps. Examples of books with amazing maps are: LOTR, The Wheel of Time, An Ember In The Ashes, Airborn and Red Queen(the map isn't inside the book, but that doesn't matter. It has a map)

15) I AM DROWING UNDER MY TBR.

16) I am always re-arranging my bookshelf. It's actually one of my favorite activities to do when I'm bored.

17) I'm really bad at taking notes for reviews...This is why my review for Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard never happened. Luckily I'm starting to get better at it.

18) My favorite genre of YA books is high fantasy or sci-fi.

19) I'm still trying to do that fan casting for the Wheel of Time. Any suggestions?!

20) The first book I remember reading when I was little was The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton. If you have never read any of her books, I highly suggest you do, because they are so fun.

21) I hoard books. That's why I don't do unhauls.

22) I have perfected the art of walking and reading at the same time.

23) I can do chores while reading.

24) I never used to be a book crier, until I read Allegiant. Since then I have sobbed my way through sad books.

25) My biggest dream and goal in life is to be an author.

SO THOSE WERE 25 BOOKISH FACTS ABOUT ME, I HOPED YOU ENJOYED IT.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! I see we have the most re-read book :) I lost count of how many times I've read it....I think it's six?
    I LOVE WHEN BOOKS HAVE MAPS YESSS. Otherwise, it's just so confusing! And I love seeing where all the places in the world are laid out; it really adds to the immersion. Plus, I'm OBSESSED with creating a map for my fantasy world. Like, obsessed. I've put so many hours into the thing it ceases to be hilarious.
    High fantasy high five!
    The first book I ever remember reading was Harold and the Purple Crayon, about a little boy named Harold who had a magical purple crayon that could draw anything he wanted. I read it almost every night before bed. :)

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've re-read FOTR at least 15 times.
      I've made a map for my fantasy world, and I'm still working on it....
      whoa...magical purple crayons?! sounds cool!

      Delete
  2. I wasn't used to listen to audiobooks, until I started listening to Wolcome to Night Vale podcast, and Big Finish's ful cast audio dramas.

    And now, I have an incentive to exercise (walk on the treadmill), so I can listen to something =D

    ReplyDelete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.