Friday, 5 February 2016

Janurary Wrap Up | 2016

ASDFGHJKL I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE ALREADY 32 DAYS INTO THE NEW YEAR. *checks pockets* WHERE DID TIME GO? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TIME WENT?!
*clears throat* ANYWAY this month I read a grand total of 21 books! YAY!! Shall we get started? 'Cause this is going to be a long post.

-The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaimon, illustrated by Chris Riddell. This was a fantastic start to my 2016 reading year. The story was awesome, I loved the writing style, the cover was beautiful, and the illustrations were just the icing on the cake! 5/5 stars
                                                                        
                                                                   
 
 
- Snuff by Terry Pratchett. UGH so this book started off good, and then got worse and worse and worse. Don't get me wrong, I love Terry Prattchet's books. I have read a number of them, and all of them were really awesome...but this one just didn't do it for me. 2/5 stars.
 
 
 
-Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I loved this book! I adored it, it was amazing and such a cool twist on the story of Cinderella. Now I'm just waiting for the library to finally bring in the second book, Scarlet. 5/5 stars.
 

 
-The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. I really enjoyed this book! It was a very refreshing read. I'm waiting until the last book comes out to continue this trilogy, however, because I've heard that the cliff hanger in book 2 is a life-threat. 5/5 stars
 
 
-I read two John Green books: TFIOS and Looking For Alaska, both of which I adored. 5/5 stars each.
 
-Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs. ASFGHJKL I ADORED THIS BOOK! IT WAS EVERYTHING AND MORE THAT I COULD HAVE EVER WANTED FROM THE LAST BOOK IN THIS TRILOGY!!! I did a review for it here: http://lifeofamirkwoodelf.blogspot.ca/2016/01/library-of-souls-by-ransom-riggs-book.html
 
 
-In the Shadow of the Bear by Regina Doman. This is the first book in her Fairy Tale Retelling series. I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I actually got a signed copy of this book. 4 1/3 stars out of 5/5 stars.
 
-Black As Night by Regina Doman. I loved this book so much more than the first book. I got a signed copy of this book too. I did a spoiler free review for it here: http://lifeofamirkwoodelf.blogspot.ca/2016/01/black-as-night-by-regina-doman-spoiler.html
5/5 stars.
 
 
 
-I read the first three Harry Potter books...FINALLY. Needless to say I LOVED them. 5/5 stars for each.
 
-All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I cannot express my love for this book. It was life-changing. I did a review for it here: http://lifeofamirkwoodelf.blogspot.ca/2016/01/all-bright-places-by-jennifer-niven.html
5/5 stars
 
-What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler. While I liked this book, I didn't love it. I do think it is an important book though, I hope lots of people will read it. 4/5 stars
 
-Crimson Bound by Rosamond Hodge. This was a pretty good high fantasy retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. I didn't love it, but I liked it. 3/5 stars.
 
-Mad Miss Mimic by Sarah Henstra. Again, this was a so-so book for me. It was interesting though, which is why I finished it. 3 stars.
 
-Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby. I loved this book! It was so sweet. 4/5 stars.
 
-I read the first two books of A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I am now foreseeing a love/hate relationship with this series. 4 stars.
 
-Need by Joelle Charbonneau. Honestly this book was disappointing. It was bad, but I didn't even like that much. 2/5 stars.
 
- Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard. This is the novella bind of Queen Song and Steel Scars. DANG THESE NOVELLAS WERE AMAZING!!!!!!! I did a review for it here: http://lifeofamirkwoodelf.blogspot.ca/2016/01/my-thoughts-and-feelings-on-cruel-crown.html
                                                                               5/5 stars
 AND THOSE, DEAR CREAMPUFFS, WERE ALL THE BOOKS I READ. Here's to a happy reading month of February! Namarie!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. *SCREECHES* TERRY PRATCHETT YAS.
    Which Discworld book is your favorite? Mine is Witches Abroad.
    Yeah, Snuff was okay at first, but overall not very great. Probably one of my least favorite of the DW novels, tbh. Certainly my least favorite Watch book (my favorite being Feet of Clay).

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have to say that Guards! Guards! is my favorite Terry Pratchett book. It was also the first book of his that I read.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.