Monday, 23 May 2016

The Crown by Kiera Cass | MY HEART IS FULL OF FEELS RIGHT NOW.

                                                                                   

The Crown was perfection. *sobs in a dark corner* I CAN'T BELIEVE THE SERIES IS OVER. I NEED MROE BOOKS, AND POSSIBLY 123456789 NOVELLAS ABOUT EADLYN AFTER SHE'S MARRIED AND HAS KIDS. PLEASE??!!

LOVES:
-Eadlyn from The Crown was so much more mature, compared to Eadlyn from The Heir. I guess all it took was her mom *SPOILERS* to have a heart attack to make her realize that she needs to grow up.
- I loved who Eadlyn ended up with! In The Heir, I had no idea who to ship with who, but in The Crown it became quite clear not far in who she'd end up with, and I was very pleased, needless to say.
- All the boys were so kind and sweet. I loved them all lol.
-LOL remember how annoying Josie was in The Heir?! To m greatest surprise, she matured too, right at the end, and I actually liked her character. Miracles do happen.
-THE COVER OMGS.
-All the wonderful diversity.
-There were so many moments where Eadlyn said something sassy and smart, and I was just like 'YASSS YOU GO GIRL! YESS' the whole time.

DISLIKES:
- Okay so it was much to short for my liking. ONLY JUST OVER 200 PAGES!!!!!! The ending also felt kind of rushed. I really wanted to see how a certain very big change at the end played out in the epilogue, but we didn't get to see that *cries*
                                                                                             

And that's my review of The Crown. BRB while I go hid in a corner crying.....BECAUSE IT'S OVER.
SO. HAVE YOU READ THE SELECTION SERIES? HAVE YOU READ THE CROWN? IF SO, HOW'D YOU FEEL ABOUT IT?(also which cover is your favorite...I think The One is my favorite)

6 comments:

  1. The covers of the Selection series are majorly gorgeous, I'll give you that.
    I've never read it because I've always been afraid it would be somewhat....anti-feminist? Like that it might send the message that the only purpose girls have in life is to marry and have kids.....cause this is the series where 30 girls compete for the chance to marry the prince, right? Idk, what are your thoughts on this? Were there any points where you were particularly bothered by anything or should I give it a shot?

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOO! The message is nothing like that. It's basically Cinderella + The Bachelor + Dystopia. The girls have a choice if they want to enter the Selection, and the Selection is held for the reason that it's nice to have a future queen who came from the masses. You know, the lower class people.
      I wasn't bothered at all by the series, as the girls are very independent and strong.
      I'd give it a shot.

      Delete
  2. Yeah! I'm so glad you enjoyed this so much! It's always great when a series finale lives up to your expectations, and it sounds like this one did just that. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. I was so nervous that it wouldn't live up to my expectations(which were as high as Mt. Everest) BUT IT EXCEEDED THEM. WHICH IS CRAZY AND AWESOME. *throws confetti and cheers*

      Delete
  3. Yes YES everybody is mature and not stupid and selfish anymore WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP! I am sooooo happy about how greatly this series ended <3 I wish it was like 60,000 pages long though! This isn't my favourite cover of the series but definitely pretty. Such a good read!!

    (My Review, in case you're interested)

    -Rekha @ Million Book Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! YAY FOR EVERYONE BEING MATURE PEOPLES! I totally agree with you on wishing that it was 60,000 pages. I love this cover, the pink color is so pretty <3

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.