Sunday, 29 May 2016

The Trials Of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan | Apollo's Back With More Ridiculously Awesome Haikus

                                                                                       



*shrieks* I LOVED THIS BOOK. I WAITED SO LONG FOR IT. AND NOW I'VE READ IT, AND I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW LONG I HAVE TO WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THE NEXT BOOK??? *shakes fist* YE GODS OF OLYMPUS. THIS IS UNFAIR. I PROTEST THIS.

LOVES:
- I first and foremost adored the levels and sass and sarcasm in this book. They were off the charts and headed straight for Olympus. *applauds this*

- We are all familiar with Apollo's terrible, yet strangely wonderful haikus. Apollo really outdid himself this time, though, as he put one at the beginning of each chapter, and each was worse/better than the last one.

- THE DEDICATION. UNCLE RICK'S DEDICATIONS ARE INFAMOUS *glares at The House Of Hades one* BUT THIS ONE WAS THE BEST.

-GETTING TO SEE PERCY AGAIN WAS SO AWESOME. PERCY AND ANNABETH GOING TO COLLAGE TOGETHER IS LIKE 1234567890 HEADCANONS COME TRUE. Also can we just talk for a sec about Percy being so worried about failing his exams?

-The fact that this takes place at the same time as Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. I kinda hope the two series overlap a little. That'd be soooo cool.

- Apollo had such a huge character ARC throughout this book, and I really adored it.

- All the secondary characters were fantastic. They didn't feel under-developed or useless to the plot.
                                                                           
                                                                                 
DISLIKES:

- Um....I got nothing. This is one of those books were I literally have nothing bad to say about it, because I freaking loved it to the ends of the universe and back. SO HURRAH FOR THAT!


HAVE YOU READ THE HIDDEN ORACLE YET? IS SO, LET'S CRY TOGETHER. IF NOT, ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 1,000,000, HOW EXCITED ARE YOU?


16 comments:

  1. THIS BOOK IS WAITING ON MY BOOKSHELF, CALLING ME WITH ITS SIREN SONG, BUT I HAVE EXAMS AND, OH MY GOD, WHERE IS SUMMER???? I MUST READ!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH EXAMS GET IN THE WAY OF SO MANY FUN THING. I HAD SO MANY PROJECTS DUE THAT I HAD TO IGNORE THE TRIALS OF APOLLO TOO!
      DON'T WORRY! SUMMER IS JUST AROUND THE BEND. You'll get to read it soon XD

      Delete
  2. AHHHH MY COPY IS IN THE MAIL FOR ME AND I'M SO SO EXCITED AND WAITING SO IMPATIENTLY. *shrieks* All the Riordan books are brilliant, but I swear he's getting even better recently. :') I'm SO excited about the sarcasm! YAYYYYY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGS WAITING FOR BOOKS TO ARRIVE IN THE MAIL IS THE ULTIMATE TORTURE.
      Yeah his book were always great, but they've just reached a whole new level XD

      Delete
  3. I didn't realize there were more Greek mythology books coming out, I knew about Magnus chase of course and have that on my TBR. A crossover between this and Magnus Chase does sound fun! Glad this was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really hoping that Rick overlaps the series, but only a little bit. *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  4. I am waiting for the library to stock up these and I can so feel your enthusiasm and excitement till here. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH waiting for the library to bring books in is absolutely the worst. They always take like a month to get the new releases.
      I hope you get to read The Trials Of Apollo soon!

      Delete
  5. AH THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD. All the reviews I've seen say this is excellent, AND I'M SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT PERCABETH IS MENTIONED.
    Your review has made me all the more excited to read it soon. SUMMER CAN'T GET HERE QUICK ENOUGH.
    xx a || Not Gary Cooper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. WHERE IS SUMMER? IT NEEDS TO COME SOON, SO I CAN READ 24/7 AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A LITTLE THING CALLED HOMEWORK.

      Delete
  6. I'M SO EXCITED! (And I just can't hide it apparently. XD) Your review has made me anticipate The Hidden Oracle even more! If that's even possible. XD I'm on hold for it at my local library, so hopefully I can read it soon! But it's not like I'd have the time to read it now anyways because of those wretched things they call exams. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exams are the devil's invention. At least I think they are...???
      I hope you get to read it soon!(and that the wait list for the book at your library isn't as long as the circumference of the earth....wait lists can get very long very quickly lol)

      Delete
  7. I WANT TO CRY I WANT TO HAPPY CRY FOR 50 YEARS AND I WANT TO SAD CRY BECAUSE WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR AGES UNTIL THE NEXT BOOK OMG I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK!! I loved all the appearances from the PJO and HoO characters *cough* OGYGIA *cough* I cannot waiiiiittttt for book 2!

    (My review, in case you're interested)
    -Rekha @ Million Book Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *CRIES WITH YOU BECAUSE WE HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE NEXT BOOK*
      IKR I ADORED THE APPEARANCES OF PJO AND HOO CHARACTERS TOO.

      Delete
    2. Also, I forgot to mention, SOLANGELLOOOOOO! My heart was literally jumping up and down for those two because they are just sooooooo cute and they finally found happiness after all that time!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.