Friday, 24 June 2016

Rising Authors || TAG

                                                                             


Aiya! Today I'm doing a tag! It's been such a long time since I've done a tag, it's not even funny. I was tagged by Elly from @On The Other Side Of Reality to do this. Thanks Elly!

Rules:

1. Write a post thanking the person who tagged you: include the tag, the 11 questions asked, your answers, and, in reply to the request for a small piece of prose or poetry, share a 150-word story.
2. At the end of the post, provide 11 new questions.
3. Request a brief 150-word story from the people you tagged.
4. Tag at least one person, and include a link to their blog.


*cracks knuckles* LET'S DO THIS.

1. What is your favorite genre to write? Least favorite?
Fantasy hands down. I adore fantasy, although it is also difficult(at least it is for me)

2. Do you read the same genre you write?
Oh definitely.

3. What are some of the most helpful pieces of writing advice you've heard?

Idk. I've heard lots of helpful pieces of writing. I think, though, that the most helpful was something along the lines of 'keep writing, even if what you write is crap."

4. Do you write poetry?
Sort of? Their actually songs, not poems.

5. Have you ever written fanfiction?
What me? Write that degrading thing called fanfic??? HAHAH...HA...haha...ha.. Yes. I've written plenty of fanfics, including a full length parody of the Fellowship of the Ring. Which was actually quite good, if I do say so myself....I think I might edit it and put it up on Wattpad sometime in the future.


6. Do you tend to have larger casts of characters or smaller ones?
It depends on the story. My fantasy stories almost always have Jupiter sized casts, all with long, virtually unpronounceable names, whereas my #SecretSummerWritingProject (which is a contemporary) has a cast of about 15 characters that are important to the plot.  


7. Would you ever write something in collaboration with another author?
YES! I did this with a friend once, and while we never finished it, it was sooo much fun.

8. What actors would you cast as the leads in your stories?
Okay here's a list of some of my main characters, and who I'd want to play them:

Lynna Whitby(from Gearbound) = Lilly Collins! She's everything I imagined Lynna to be.

Bumble Bee(also known as Finn, from Bumble Bee) = Cara Delevingne. No more words needed, eh?

Her Highness Gwinlaf Khaeis Beroan Miromenor, Moon Daughter, Star of the 1st Legion, etc(from my fantasy WIP that has changed names more times than Michael Clifford has changed his hair color) = Evangeline Lilly.

Skye Volk(from Planet 5, my sci-fi novel) = Kaya Scodelario.

lol I just realized that all of my main characters are girls. Eh. Whatever.

9. Do you enjoy world building?
YESS. It can be stressful, but once I'm in the zone, it's so much fun.

10. Where do you find your writing inspiration?
Usually from music, or some dark recess in my brain.

11. Do you have a specific system or method you use for editing?
I wish. My version of editing is simply go crazy, and re write everything.

And finally, the 150 words snippet(It's from Planet 5. I've never shown you guys it, so I thought giving ya'll a snippet would be nice of evil queen me. Also the main character's name is Skye Volk)

I strap my simulation sensors onto my wrists, feet, and the back of my neck, so that the chips in my wrists, feet and neck connect with the simulation, allowing me to enter the sim. I don’t need to glance at Thorn to know he’s doing the same. Walking up to the weapon distributer, I scan my wrists and wait. The distributer hums, and a gun, and a case of knives slides down the chute. The gun’s a Standard EXL 360.
I grimace. Standards, especially the EXL 360 are not my favorite weapon. I prefer the new Electrick bow, which instead of using arrows, uses a new form of electrical energy which forms arrows. It has 5,000 shots, far more than a normal bow. The arrows are far more effective too. I slid the knives into my belt. Four are throwing knives, and the other two are hand-to-hand combat knives. Straightening my shoulders, I take my place in the line up to go into the arena. My hands are slightly shaking from pre-fight adrenaline. Thorn takes his place behind me. The door to the arena opens. One by one we walk through. I almost gasp as I walk through the door and into the sim. I’ve never gotten used to the sudden change from normal environment to whatever environment the sim has created.

I'm pretty sure that that's more than 150 words. *sighs* Oh well.

My 11 questions:
- Do you write to music?
- How many stories have you written?(and completed)
- First person present, or third person past?
- Do you prefer to write fantasy, or contemporary?
- Do you act out scenes before you write them?
- Kill the main character, or kill everyone they love?
- Write on paper or on the computer?
- On average, how many words do you write in one session?
- Fanfiction: yea or nay?

- Do you ever want to be published?

- Do you plot everything out before you start writing, or do you just make everything up as you go along?
AND THAT WAS THE RISING AUTHORS TAG.

I tag:

Rain@Ivyclad Ideas
Finn@Spiel
Sarah@Being Me
Sophia@Ravens and Writing Desks

Anyone else who'd like to do this can do it too!
Namarie!


4 comments:

  1. Once I wrote a rhyme with a friend, she wrote one line and I wrote the next and so on. It was an interesting rhyme XD
    Thanks for tagging me to do this! I will do it as soon as I finish the other tag you tagged me to do 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOH doing that is so much fun. I do that with my friends some times, where we'll each take turns telling a story one line at a time. The results are usually terrifying.

      Delete
  2. I'm totally stealing this. ;D

    ~Melendrir

    ReplyDelete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.