Saturday, 2 July 2016

June 2016 Wrap Up || JUNE WAS PRETTY EXCITING, EH?

June was a great reading month for me. I read so many awesome books this month, and we got quite a few exciting bits of fandom news. LET'S TALK ABOUT THEM ALL, SHALL WE?



BOOKS READ:

- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH AND IT DESTROYED ME. 5/5 stars

- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig. Magical-time-traveling ships with pirates? YES PLEASE. Although it wasn't quite as amazing as I'd hoped. 4/5 stars.

- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. HAHA I'M TOTALLY NOT STILL SOBBING STRANGLY HAPPY TEARS OVER THIS BOOK. 5/5 stars.

- Empire of Ruin by Kelley Armstrong. THIS WAS A PERFECT ENDING TO THE AGE OF LEGENDS TRILOGY. So much death. So much blood. But I have so much love for this book. 5/5 stars.

- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. THIS WAS A FREAKING FANTASTIC BOOK. I NEED THE SEQUAL LIKE NOW. 5/5 Stars. I did a review for it here: The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman Book Review

- Return To The Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz. While this series is rather juvenile....they are so much fun. 4/5 stars.

- Gone by Michael Grant. I FINALLY READ A MICHAEL GRANT BOOK. FINALLY. IT WAS EPIC. 5/5 stars

- Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes. WHY HAVE NOT MORE PEOPLE READ THIS BOOK? IT WAS SO GOOD. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK. 4/5 stars
I did a review for it here: Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes Book Review

-The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong. It's official. Kelley writes some of the best, most delicious books of ever. Did I mention I met her at a book signing? She's so sweet and kind. 5/5 stars

- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly. The main character wants to be a writer. #relatable.  5/5 stars
I did a review for it here: These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Book Review

- The Game of Love And Death by Martha Brockenbrough. This was such an interesting book! I really enjoyed it, but I did find it hard to get into, so 4/5 stars.

BOOKS I BOUGHT:

Okay so I didn't buy any books, but I did win an ARC of Missing by Kelley Armstrong at her book signing. However, since the book doesn't come out until April 2017, and the cover hasn't been released or anything, I won't be taking a picture of it.

WRITING NEWS:
GEARBOUD REACHED 200 READS THIS MONTH OF WATTPAD!!!!!!!!!!!


You guys seriously have no idea how much this means to me. Also my Carmilla fanfic reached 5k reads.....*EVEN MORE DANCE PARTY*
I've also been working on my #secretsummerwritingproject and so far, it's been going well. I actually plotted it, and I don't normally plot. So fingers crossed that it goes well!

FANDOM NEWS:

-Lindsey Stirling revealed the cover art for her new album, Brave Enough, AND OMGS IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND I CAN'T EVEN ASDFGHJKL. CHRISTINA PERRI SINGS ON THE TITLE TRACK, THERE'S A SONG FOR GAVI, AND JUST......ARGHHH. ALSO WE GOT A MUSIC VIDEO FOR THE FIRST SINGLE 'THE ARENA' CAME OUT AND IT'S SO AMAZING. The album is released August 19. *DIES*

-  We're getting a sequel to Wreck It Ralph! I AM WAY TO EXCITED.

- WE GOT THE COVER AND THE TITLE FOR RED QUEEN BOOK THREE, AND IT'S SO AMAZING I'M DYING. THAT TAG LINE THO.

- WE GOT A SECOND TRAILER FOR MISS PEREGRINE'S, AND IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T.

MUSIC:
As for what I've been listening to this month, nothing new. Just a lot of Cherri Bomb, 5sos, Green Day, and My Chemical Romance.

ALSO: I will be going on hiatus for around three weeks, because I'm going on holiday. I might post occasionally, but don't bank on it. I will continue to update Gearbound every Friday, however, because I'm not THAT mean as to leave ya'll wondering what happens for three weeks.

AND THAT WAS MY JUNE! WHAT WAS THE BEST/WORST BOOK YOU READ THIS MONTH? WHAT SONGS HAVE YOU BEEN LISTENING TO? ANYTHING FANDOM RELATED THAT YOUR REALLY EXCITED FOR? LET ME KNOW DOWN IN THE COMMENTS!



8 comments:

  1. The best book I read this month would have to be The Masked City. Can't wait until it's out in your country! ;)
    Are you doing Camp NaNo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR I'M DYING TO GET MY HANDS ON THE MASKED CITY.
      I don't think I'll be doing Camo NaNo this year. Maybe next year.

      Delete
  2. I have the exact same thoughts on The Girl from Everywhere! After all the hype, I'd expected to be ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY. I really enjoyed it, but I still remained firmly planted in my seat. I think it's one of those times when it's almost impossible for a book to live up to all of the hype.
    Ahhhh, congrats on Gearbound!
    WRECK IT RALPH WAS SUCH A GOOD MOVIE OMG. This is so exciting!
    "All Will Burn" omg I'm getting shivers! I've been debating whether or not to try out that series for a while.
    I've been getting onto the twenty one pilots train, as well as listening to some more Frank Sinatra, Samantha Barks (her new album is so amazing *cries*), and Panic! at the Disco.
    Have fun on holiday!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do pick up the Red Queen series, don't go into it with any expectations, as that will ruin it. If you do that, I can pretty much guarantee that you'll love it.
      OMG I LOVE TWENTY ONE PILOTS. I've been getting on the Panic! At The Disco train too. They're really good.

      Delete
  3. CONGRAAAATS ON YOUR AWESOME WATTPAD HITS!! THAT IS AMAZING OMG GO YOU GO YOU! I assume we get to celebrate with cake right?! *eats all the cake on your behalf*

    And now I really really want to read Queen of Hearts so consider me successfully sold.😂 And I'm soooo glad you liked Gone!! EEEEP. That's one of my favourite series of EVER. Sam is adorable. And Astrid. I LOVE ASTRID. And basically I love the whole thing so I won't shriek about it too much. AND OMG OF COURSE ALL THE LOVE FOR THE RAVEN CYCLE although I'm still sad it's over. Is it too much to ask for 398398 in the series??? Seriously now. ;D

    Have fun on your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *buys 50 cakes* Of course we can celebrate with cake!
      YESSS YOU MUST READ QUEEN OF HEARTS! IT'S RELALY DARK AND WONDERFUL.
      GONE WAS AMAZING. ASTRID REMINDED ME OF ANNABETH CHASE THOUGH LOL.
      I WAS SO PLEASED WITH THE RAVEN KING ENDING THOUGH. The adventure never really ended <3

      Delete
  4. "All will burn." Now that is scary!! The book cover is SO epic tho!!! Can't wait till the book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. The crown looks like it's got bones in it or something. And the from the description, it's going to be EPIC.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.