Saturday, 16 July 2016

Random Things || All The Updates + Hiatus


So how has everyone summer been? Isn't it crazy that the year is already over half done??? WHERE IS ALL THE TIME GOING. QUICK SOMEONE GET ME A TARDIS SO THAT I CAN GO BACK IN TIME AND DO STUFF THAT I DIDN'T GET DONE. ahem.
(ALSO GIRLS TALK BOYS. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Personally I think it sounds like a FOB song. Which is a really good thing because I adore FOB.)

WRITING:
Gearbound was going well, but I've seem to hit this snag where I can only write 350/500 word chapters. WHAT IS HAPPENING UGH.
The #secretsummerwritingproject is coming along really nicely. There's no stress to finish it fast. I can take my time with it to make sure it's the best first draft I've ever done.

ALSO:
I'M GOING AWAY FOR THREE WEEKS. Which means no blogging, except for the end of month wrap up post, which I've already done 90% of (it's not quite finished as July's not finished, but the bulk of it is done.) Please don't unfollow or anything. Like I said, there will be the end of July Wrap Up, and maybe, just maybe book review. Maybe. If I have time. Also, I've discovered that I might not be able to update Gearbound while I'm away. Idk. We'll see. I promise that if I don't manage to update it, I'll post all three chapters in one day.

SO. LET'S TALK. How's your summer been so far? (Are you obsessed with 5sos' Girls Talk Boys like I am?) What's the best book you've read this year so far? I don't know what my personal favorite is yet. I'm undecided. Do you tend to read lots over the summer, or not? I tend to read lots, because summer is when I have the most free time.

9 comments:

  1. I WILL SOB ABOUT MERRICK BY ANNE RICE ALL DAY. 5/5 stars. That book ripped me apart and stomped me into pieces and somehow barely managed to stitch me back together. The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands was also amazing.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read neither of those two books. *adds them to TBR* I must read them sometime.

      Delete
  2. I really loved reading the last book in the Winner's Crime trilogy (SO amazing; I'm sad it's over). My summer's been pretty good as far as writing and reading go. Yay for lots of free time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I ADORE THE WINNER'S CURSE TRILOGY!
      I'm so glad you've had lots of free time this summer!

      Delete
  3. The two Invisible Library books are still the best books I've read this year. ;)
    I'm trying to write another story over the summer, and I also want to read my entire stack before I go back to uni. I think I'm going to start Frozen Charlotte next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting to read the second Invisible Library book. It's not even out yet over here in North America.
      I've never heard of Frozen Charlotte! I must check it out sometime :D

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a good trip!! And I must go listen to this 5SoS song now because I'M BEING GOOD AND I DO WHAT I'M TOLD *trots off to spotify* And favourite book of the year? GAH. CRUEL QUESTION. no wait! It's definitely The Raven King. <333 That series stole my heart and I'm so happy. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you love the 5sos song. OMG I LOVED THE RAVEN KING! It was such a perfect ending to the series 😀

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.