Monday, 22 August 2016

Beautiful People #20 // My Favorite Thing To Do: describing the appearances of my characters.

OMG I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A BP LIKE THIS FOREVER. *composes self excitedly*
Beautiful People is a monthly meme hosted by Cait @Paper Fury and Sky @further up and further in.
Today I'll be using Lynna from my WIP Gearbound.

1) Give a brief overview of their looks. (Include a photo if you want!)
Lynna is very tall (6’0 to be exact) with dark brown hair and copper eyes.

2) Share a snippet that involves description of their appearance.
I don’t have one, as of yet. I tend to gradually tell the reader what the MC looks like, instead of having the MC stand in front of a mirror and describe themselves for 1234567890 pages.


  
3) What is the first thing people might notice about them?
Her height! She’s taller than most girls her age, and she’s very self-conscious about it. One day I hope she’ll learn the advantages of her height, like haughtily staring down at people and making them feel small and pitiful, like and ant. (Very useful, if you ask me)

4)What are their unique features? (Ex: freckles, big ears, birthmark, scars, etc.)
She has a scar from a little inventing accident. It runs from her left collar bone downwards for about 5 inches. Her mouth is slightly crooked too.

5) How tall are they? What is their build (Ex: stocky, slender, petite, etc.)
Lynna is six feet tall, and rather thin, which, unfortunately, emphasizes her height.

6) What is their posture like? How do they usually carry themselves?
She has terrible posture. Lynna hunches her shoulders and upper back in an effort to appear shorter.

7) Your character has been seen on a “lazy day” (free from usual routine/expectations): what are they wearing and how do they look?
Since Lynna lives in the Victorian era, she wears dresses 24/7, even if it’s a ‘lazy day’, except when she doesn’t. She just might have a man’s outfit squirreled away somewhere for unlawful midnight excursions…..

8) Do they wear glasses, accessories, or jewelry on a regular basis? Do they have any article of clothing or accessory that could be considered their trademark?
Nope! Lynna can’t stand accessories, jewelry and the like. Her excuse is that it gets in the way.

9) Have they ever been bullied or shamed because of their looks? Explain!
Oh yes! She’s bullied because of her height all the time. ‘Giraffe’ is her nickname among her peers, and she’s not particularly pretty. Her face is interesting. Her mouth is slightly crooked, and she has a small nose, and weirdly pointy ears. Also she was sick before the book started, and she had a really high fever, so in an effort to cool her neck and stuff, they cut off her hair(she has a pixie type hair cut) and it’s considered very ugly, but Lynna likes it. Basically she’s a social anomaly.

10) Are they happy with how they look? If they could change anything about their appearance, what would it be?
Lynna doesn’t care that she’s not particularly pretty, she likes the way her face looks and what not. But she can’t stand her height, as I said before. So if she could change it, I think she would, probably to 5’4.

And that was this month's Beautiful People! Link me to your BPs so that I can read them!

7 comments:

  1. Unlawful midnight excursions? Interesting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah XD The 'unlawful midnight excursions' are basically when she slips down to the town to get parts for her inventing and stuff. Oh and there was the time she snuck off to London, and had a warlock spell Elly into life.

      Delete
  2. Oh Lynna sounds AWESOME even if she is a giant (and I'm saying that in the most kindest way, Lynna. It is wonderful you are so tall BUT I AM PROBABLY A GNAT COMPARED TO YOU.) Ahem.😜 I love that she's a social anomaly and maaaybe has a disguise somewhere because this just makes her 1000 x more awesome for sure. ;)
    I loved getting to *see* your character, Mironiel! :D THIS WAS GREAT. Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone (including myself)are gnats compared to Lynna 0_o
      I'm so glad you think she's awesome!

      Delete
  3. I love your answers; Lynna sounds so cool! I adore characters who aren't afraid to break away from society's "rules" and just be whoever they truly are. Unlawful midnight excursions? I'm in!

    XD If you'd like to check out my BP: http://melissagravitis.blogspot.com/2016/08/beautiful-people-appearance-edition.html

    ReplyDelete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.