Saturday, 27 August 2016

WRITERLY FACTS ABOUT ME(idk, I ran out of ideas for posts, and this one seemed fun)


I've done a post about bookish facts about me, and so why not do one about writing? *deep breath* HERE WE GO.

-          I’ve started about six books, and only completed one. It’s such a mess that I’ve quite trying to edit it…….for now.

-      I’ve written a 2,000 word short film script.

-      When I was ten, I wrote a short play. It was a parody of the part in Alice in Wonderland where Alice plays croquet with the Queen of Hearts. Lots of people died. It was hilarious, stupid, but entirely fun.

-       I’ve written a complete parody of the Fellowship of the Ring.

-       I love writing fanfics. I don’t know why, it’s just very fun.

-       I can’t write if I’m not listening to music. Okay fine, I CAN, but it doesn’t work very well. I’m convinced that the stuff I write while blasting 5sos is far more brilliant and wonderful than the stuff I write when I listen to nothing. Or you know, any of my favorite bands/artists.

-       I’m a panster. No regrets.


      -       I write either in Word, or on paper.

-       I do this thing where I’ll be writing, and it’s the first book in a series, but while I’m writing I’m somehow planning vital scenes in the fifth book.

-       I once re-wrote Jingle Bells as a song about the Hobbit.(If you look waaaay back in my archives, or at the very end of the Middle-earth category, you’ll find it.)

-       I have tried and failed to write poetry.

-       I cannot write short stories. Somehow they always turn in a 100 book long series with hundreds of characters and plots within plots and sub plots.

8 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I totally get the listening to music thing. If I try to write without it, I start questioning why everything is so silent and then my mind wanders off the path of writing completely. Also me+poetry=not good poetry. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS. Though sometimes I wonder how I can even write when in my mind I've headbanging and shrieking the lyrics...??

      Delete
  2. I know that feeling. Everything I write has FAR TOO MANY characters, and I REALLY struggle to cut them. Also, endless sequels.
    I've just started rewriting one of the first things I ever finished for roughly the twentieth time. Editing is not my forte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH too many characters is another problem I have.
      ALSO EDITING IS MUCH SCARY. ahem.

      Delete
  3. Eeep, I think writerly facts are awesome!! THIS POST IS THEREFORE AWESOME! And I'm the same with short stories...like how is one supposed to write a story that is not super long? hahaha. *brain explodes* 😂 I have NEVER gotten a successful short story out, nope.
    I AM ALWAYS PLOTTING OTHER BOOKS WHILE I WRITE TOO!! I was outlining book one of a fantasy series I'm concocting...but my brain was actually like "So in book 3 this is gonna happen..."
    Ah the writers life. So fun. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks so much! LOL as far as I'm concerned, short stories are a myth from the Stone Age *cries in distance*

      Delete
  4. DUDE. I DO THE THING ABOUT WRITING LATER BOOKS IN THE SERIES TOO. I recently gave up on the first book in my sorcery quartet and have started writing the second (even though I have very little idea of what happens in the first).
    I also have the problem with starting-and-not-finishing-things - of the eight novels I've started, only two have ever been finished.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! Then you can go back and write the first book and everything will be so much easier!
      Well you've finished more novels than I have! Good for you :D

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.