Alright, I'll admit I have an
- Tiffany has always been my favorite character in the Discworld series, and she's come so far. She started off as a very timid witch, not really believing in herself.....and the transformation was amazing. She's so strong and powerful and independent, and utterly witch-y (that's a word! I swear it is!) and I just loved her soo much.
- Terry Pratchett's writing is absolutely delectable, and this book was no exception. I want to devour his writing and absorb it's magical powers so that I can write stuff like it (shhh that's totally normal, I promise.)
- Terry Pratchett also has a funny sense of humour, that mocks human nature and all of the silly things we mortals do and say. I LOVE IT.
"Alas for us, our dreams came true.*
*Thus proving that dreams that come true are not always the right dreams. Does wearing a glass slipper lead to a comfortable life? If everything you touched turned into marshmallows, won't that make things a bit...sticky?"
"Lord Swivel's father had inherited money and the title from his father, a great master builder, but he had become a drunkard and wasted almost all of it.*
*Lord Swivel's father reckoned it no waste, and that he had thoroughly enjoyed drinking the family fortune. At least, he thought this until he drank so much he fell over and met a gentleman with a decided lack of flesh on his bones and the definitive addition of a scythe a good few years earlier than he should have done."
- Okay so this will be a major spoiler, so don't read this unless you wish to be spoiled. I loved how the Faery Queen learned how to be good. That moment when she first did something kind for someone, and she felt happy was just way to cute. I may or may not have grinned, squealed, and then lay down on the floor for awhile.
- Geoffry and his pet goat Mephistopheles. BEST. CHARACTER. EVER. Next to Tiffany, that is. Also his pet goat is the best pet ever omg. I want a pet goat.
-WARNING: THIS IS ANOTHER SPOILER. SO...um....THE FAERY QUEEN DIES. THIS IS NOT OKAY! AND JUST WHEN I WAS STARTING TO LIKE HER TOO! ARGH. So unnecessary.
- The was this huge climax, to the two battles, and then, the actual battles were kinda..anticlimactic. The faeries, I felt, were beaten to easily, and too quickly, but that's just my opinion.
- IT'S THE LAST DISCWORLD BOOK BECAUSE TERRY IS DEAD. We are never going to get another Discworld book. (I really, really, wanted a book series about Geoffrey and his pet goat...) But he's dead. *A moment of silence for one of the kings among authors*