Thursday, 13 October 2016
The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan || THOR'S HAMMER IS STILL UNOFFICIALLY MISSING.
ASDFGHJKL THIS BOOK WAS SO FREAKING FANTASTIC! Rick Riordan does it again. ALSO: how does he write TWO books per year?! The guy must have godly writing powers or something. Also this book was freaking huge. Like, could-squash-my-toes huge (if I dropped it on my toes, I'd have pancake toes) There will be a few spoilers, so read at your discretion!
- The incredible amount of diversity in this book. Few writers (including myself!) excel at weaving diversity into their writing, without fudging it. Rick doesn't make a point of saying, 'THIS CHARACTER IS MUSLIM!' it's just sort of taken for granted, like it's a very normal state of affairs, and nothing to through pies over. (Although pie fights do sound fun???) In fact, all of Rick's book demonstrate this admirable trait.
- Alex Fiarro. Alex is my favorite character in the series, so far. Alex is sarcastic and has green hair, so I guess it was a given that I love him/her. Alex is SUCH a tragic, angry cinnamon roll that would totally kill you, if provoked, and I LOVE THAT.
- Rick's writing style is so awesome that I wish I could just EAT IT ALL. It never fails to make me laugh, even when the situation is dire (which is always) and the wit and the jokes and...and..*doesn't know how to describe it*
- We got to see so much more of Loki! Which I really enjoyed! Loki is nothing like the Marvel Comics version. This Loki is so devious and evil and I love it. Probably because I have an obsession with villains. #Causethat'sjustwhoIamthisweek
- We got another scene with Annabeth!!!! AND PERCY MIGHT BE IN THE NEXT BOOK. MIGHT. IT'S PRACTICALLY ASSURED HE WILL BE. OH GODS I AM SO EXCITED.
- IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO READ. To be fair, I was reading two other books at the same time, and I was trying to make it last as long as possible, but wow, was it ever long. Granted, not as long as a WoT book, or a Cassandra Clare book, but STILL. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin' it was really long.
-Magnus' face on the cover. SO UGLY. Now I liked the rest of the cover well enough...but Magnus' face was rather....strange.
LET'S DISCUSS! HAVE YOU READ THE HAMMER OF THOR? WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT? FAVORITE SCENE? FAVORITE CHARACTER? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF POOR MAGNUS' STRANGE FACE ON THE COVER?