Thursday, 13 October 2016

The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan || THOR'S HAMMER IS STILL UNOFFICIALLY MISSING.


ASDFGHJKL THIS BOOK WAS SO FREAKING FANTASTIC! Rick Riordan does it again. ALSO: how does he write TWO books per year?! The guy must have godly writing powers or something. Also this book was freaking huge. Like, could-squash-my-toes huge (if I dropped it on my toes, I'd have pancake toes) There will be a few spoilers, so read at your discretion!



- The incredible amount of diversity in this book. Few writers (including myself!) excel at weaving diversity into their writing, without fudging it. Rick doesn't make a point of saying, 'THIS CHARACTER IS MUSLIM!' it's just sort of taken for granted, like it's a very normal state of affairs, and nothing to through pies over. (Although pie fights do sound fun???) In fact, all of Rick's book demonstrate this admirable trait.

- Alex Fiarro. Alex is my favorite character in the series, so far. Alex is sarcastic and has green hair, so I guess it was a given that I love him/her. Alex is SUCH a tragic, angry cinnamon roll that would totally kill you, if provoked, and I LOVE THAT.

- Rick's writing style is so awesome that I wish I could just EAT IT ALL. It never fails to make me laugh, even when the situation is dire (which is always) and the wit and the jokes and...and..*doesn't know how to describe it*

- We got to see so much more of Loki! Which I really enjoyed! Loki is nothing like the Marvel Comics version. This Loki is so devious and evil and I love it. Probably because I have an obsession with villains. #Causethat'sjustwhoIamthisweek

- We got another scene with Annabeth!!!! AND PERCY MIGHT BE IN THE NEXT BOOK. MIGHT. IT'S PRACTICALLY ASSURED HE WILL BE. OH GODS I AM SO EXCITED.




- IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO READ. To be fair, I was reading two other books at the same time, and I was trying to make it last as long as possible, but wow, was it ever long. Granted, not as long as a WoT book, or a Cassandra Clare book, but STILL. I'm not complaining, I'm just sayin' it was really long.

-Magnus' face on the cover. SO UGLY. Now I liked the rest of the cover well enough...but Magnus' face was rather....strange.


LET'S DISCUSS! HAVE YOU READ THE HAMMER OF THOR? WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT? FAVORITE SCENE? FAVORITE CHARACTER? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF POOR MAGNUS' STRANGE FACE ON THE COVER?

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS OUT?!? She says like she has time to read it right now. But, seriously, THIS IS OUT?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES IT IS OUT!! *does a jig happily* You totally need to read it. It's amazing.

      Delete
  2. YES I LOVED IT SO MUCH OMG LET ME FLAIL WITH YOU. The very thought of Percy being in the next book makes me screeeeeam with fangirling. Probably far more fangirling than I should be fangirling but pfft. I love Percy. A lot.😂 And also I agree it was very long. It took me quite a while, although I did fully enjoy it, I just wish that reading a Riordan book wasn't like "CANCEL THE WEEK BECAUSE I AHVE A MILLION PAGES TO GET THROUGH" sort of deal. (And also what wizardry is Riordan in that he can write two mammoth books per year??! Oh wait. Not wizardry. MAYBE HE IS A SECRET GREEK GOD.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flails* IKR I NEED PERCY TO BE IN THE NEXT BOOK OF HE'S NOT IM GOING TO BE SO UPSET.
      lol yeah. It took me a week and a half to read the darn thing.
      Rick is the Greek god of writing? Sounds plausible.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.