Friday, 9 December 2016

November 2016 || A Very Late End of Month Wrap Up


This month was a terrible month; both for blogging and for reading AND writing. But hey, I'm in school, and that takes first priority. Christmas holidays are coming up fast, and during the holidays I shall be implementing a blogging schedule. I shall try to post once a week, and if I try to keep this schedule, my blog will get less neglected.


BOOKS I READ:

- Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven.
I absolutely adored this book! It was one of my most anticipated books of the year, and it more than lived up to it's expectations. I did a review for it HERE. 5/5 stars.

- The Burning Page by Genevive Cogman. AHHHHHHHHHHH MY LOVE FOR THIS SERIES GROWS WITH EACH BOOK! Thanks to ROC for sending me a copy! Read my review HERE. 5/5 stars

- What Light by Jay Asher. Such a cute, Christmas-y love story, perfect for reading with a cup of hot chocolate by the Christmas tree. I loved 13 Reasons Why, and while What Light was a lot
more fluffy, it was still a solid read. 4/5 stars

- Harry Potter #7. OKAY SO I AM SO NOT OKAY RIGHT NOW. *is drowning in tears* 5/5 stars

BOOKS I BOUGHT:

I was at my library when I found these two. I kinda freaked out when I saw The Dark Is Rising Sequence because I loVE THAT SERIES IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW AHAHAHA.
I was sent The Burning Page by Genevive Cogman by ROC publishing! Thanks again, ROC!


WRITING NEWS:
blluurrghhhh. I have zero motivation. I sit down to write, and then YouTube taps me on the shoulders whispering 'BUT ALL YOUR FAVOURITE YOUTUBERS ARE DOING DAILY CHRISTMAS UPLOADS AND YOU HAVEN'T WATCH HALF OF THEM YET.'
Also tumblr has swallowed my soul. pls send help too:
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
tumblr fandom/bandom st.
3591 what happened to my life
the internet, the world.

But things should get back to normal, right? right?? I'll probably stop uploading chapters while Christmas is going on, and start again in January.
I'm also working on outlining/planning a new book! If I had to describe it it'd be: Supernatural + POC female lead who's a Canadian aboriginal + pancakes + blood + death + sass + sarcasm = the novel I'm outlining that is this Canadian aboriginal shaman who hunts aboriginal monsters/demons/creatures, of which there are a freakish amount of. Seriously, look it up on wikipedia. My personal favourites are the skin-witches and the flying heads.  More info on this novel in the future.
But Mironiel! you shriek. What about you 1234567890 novels you are in the middle of writing? Well basically I'm only outlining this novel. It's been begging me to outline it, so that's what I'm doing. I swear I won't start writing it until I finish Gearbound, Bumblebee and Day Zero.

FANDOM NEWS:

-We got the beautiful book trailer for Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth! I've been hearing WONDERFUL reviews of the book. I NEED IT NOW AGRH.

- Sebastian Morgernstern is confirmed to be in season 2 of Shadowhunters! *rabid screaming* Honestly I'm so excited for season 2, because we're going into uncharted area. With season 1, everyone was constantly comparing it to the movie. BUT NOW THEY CAN'T. MWHWHAHAHA. But honestly though. So excited. So many new things we're going to get to see!

- The Doctor Who spin-off Class will be getting three companion YA novels.

- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them hit theaters, and everybody is loving it. Also everybody but me has managed to watch it.

- We got the trailer for Beauty and the Beast, and boy was it magical.

- The live action Winne-the-Pooh movie will apparently focus on Christopher Robin.
Wtf movie producers?! It's called Winnie-the-Pooh, not Christopher Robin.

- Emilia Clarke has joined the cast for the Hans Solo standalone movie.

- We got the cover for Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare, and holy crap it's beautiful. *drooling* I can't wait for it to come out in March!

- Johnny Depp has been cast as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Personally I think that was a wonderful casting choice.

- We got the trailer for the adaptation of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. It looks amazing! I feel like the movie producers have really done a good job of sticking to the book. At least that's what I gathered from the trailer.

- YA novel NEED by Joelle Charbonneau is being adapted into a movie! I didn't really like Need. But the concept was great and I feel it'd be much better as a movie.

- Sean Austin who played Samwise Gamgee in LOTR has been added to the cast of Stranger Things for season 2!

- Sony is going to adapt The Diabolic by S.J Kincaid! I FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT BE A MOVIE!

- Cassandra Clare revealed the title for the adult series about Magnus Bane. The series will be called 'The Eldest Curses'! *cue screaming*

Man November was a busy month for the fandoms! And that not even everything that happened, but for the sake of this post, I shall refrain from adding more.



AND THAT WAS MY NOVEMBER! BEST BOOK YA'LL READ THIS MONTH? WORST BOOK? WHAT PIECE OF FANDOM NEWS HAS GOT YOU THE MOST EXCITED? TELL ME ALL IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.

12 comments:

  1. Ha Ha! First person to comment!! *fist bumps you* You didn't give a star rating for Deathly Hallows....but obviously it's like 10/5 lol. *starts bawling with you*
    I haven't seen Fantastic Beasts yet either although I really want to.
    Best book I read last month? Crap, I can't even remember the last book I read, period. Lol. I'm pathetic....and need help....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Oh yeah I forgot to put that in! Thanks for telling me! *edits it in* I gave it 5/5 stars.
      haha whenever someone asks me the best book I read I go blank, so I totally understand.

      Delete
    2. P.S. Be sure to check my blog in the near future because I'll probably be tagging you for some tag related posts. ;)

      Delete
  2. SEAN ASTIN WHAT A GOOD BEAN. He also played Twoflower in the Color of Magic movies, which was pretty good.

    I've been wanting to read Holding Up the Universe! It seems like everyone either hates it or loves it.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASSS SEAN AUSTIN.
      Okay but I don't think people understand the message behind Holding Up The Universe. They went into the book wanting to hate it, and were blinded by that. Jennifer Nivan writes from her own personal experiences. She has struggled with weight, and a close relative of her's has propnogasia, so to all the people who say she doesn't know what she's talking about: Hell yeah she does.

      Delete
  3. Lol I've yet to see Fantastic Beasts as well. How do people find the time in such a busy month??? Like seriously. I barely read anything in November which sucked. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg we should totally be friends lol. I don't know how people do half the stuff they do...it's really sad. I want to be one of those people lol.
      I kinda almost feel like we should all go see Fantastic Beasts at the same time now LOL!

      Delete
    2. It seems that most people haven't had much time for reading/watching Fantastic Beasts this month!!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.