Monday, 10 April 2017

March Wrap Up || I've found a new favourite book. Help.


So I read a nice number of books this month! I also discovered a new favourite series! Let's get into this wrap up.

BOOKS I READ:

- The Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman. LET ME SHRIEK ABOUT HOW GOOD THIS BOOK WAS. So I really liked the first book, but I was unsure of how and where it was going. The Dark Days Pact vanquished those feelings. It was wonderfully dark and stabby. 5/5 stars.

- The Young Elites by Marie Lu. BE STILL MY BEATING HEART. I finally read The Young Elites. It was SO dark and stabby. Clearly there I have a penchant for dark, stabby books. 4/5 stars.

- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkensass. What's this? An adult fantasy? YUP! And this book, my friends, is part of a new favourite series. It's called the All Souls trilogy, and it's paranormal. It's got witches, vampires and daemons. It's got huge libraries, and the main character is a historian who reads lots of old manuscripts and books. Basically I love it. 5/5 stars

-Optimists Die First by Susin Nielson. Sadly me and this book do not like eachother very much. I didn't like it's representation of anxiety, nor the cliché trope-ish romance. However, it was very quick and easy to read, and I did like the side characters a lot. I did a review for it HERE.

- We Are Okay by Nina de la Cour. Well um...that was simultaneously well written and deep, but boring. 3/5 stars



BOOKS I BOUGHT:
NONE! Because I'm saving my money. This is extremely hard, as there are so many books I want to buy.

FANDOMS NEWS:

-The 13 Reasons Why Netflix show premiered, and everyone so far is adoring it.
- Fall Out Boy confused all their fans recently by uploading an old video of them playing Sugar We're Going Down Swinging live from like, 2005. What does this mean?! A NEW ALBUM?? ARE THEY GOING BACK TO THEIR OLD PUNK/EMO ROOTS?? I NEED TO KNOW.
-Danisnotonfire released two videos in the space of two months. What have we done to deserve this. Also, did a robot replace him? (fyi the videos were hilarious and great)
- On the DanandPhilGAMES channel, they played a RPG game that Phil made when he was 14, and it was a work of art. Honestly. It had an amazing(phil) plot, insane plot twists, well developed characters and tbh I would totally fund a remake/sequel with original music and art this time.
- Frank Iero released a new song and it's great.
- The new DanandPhilCRAFTS video was highly entertaining and then suddenly very disturbing. #softandneat


MARCH PLAYLIST:
So this category was originally named Music Recommendations, but I though calling it *name of month* Playlist would be cooler. And here's what I've been listening too. I highly recommend you check these songs out on Spotify.  
  • Mirrors by PVRIS. I love PVRIS, they are such a great band, and Mirrors is an amazing, haunting song.
  • Some Say by Sum 41. I can't believe it's taken me this long to get into Sum 41. I kept putting off listening to them. BUT I've listened to all their albums and I now consider myself a fan.
  • Little Ways by Moonlit Kit. I found this band because the key boardist is the key boardist for Lindsey Stirling, and she was promoting their first song, Little Ways. It's a great song, and honestly I'm really excited to hear more from this band.
  • What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost by Taking by Sunday. I love Taking Back Sunday, and this song is such a jam. I love it.
  • Dirty Laundry by All Time Low. Okay, I didn't like this song at first. It was really different from their other stuff. But I gave it another chance, and now I'm obsessed.
  • Last Young Renegade by All Time Low. ANOTHER ATL SONG. Honestly this song was a lot more like their older stuff, and I really love it. I'm so excited for the album.
  • Loud (Fuck it) by Motionless In White. THIS SONG IS MY ANTHEM.
  • Outlaws by Green Day. Amazing song.
  • Getting Into Heaven Can Be Hell by frnkiero. GAH A NEW SONG IM SO EXCITED I LOVE IT. ALSO HE'S RELEASING A NEW EP SOON CALLED 'KEEP THE COFFINS COMING' AND I LITERALLY CANNOT. EVEN.
  • Liability by Lorde. I relate so much to this song and also I'm so excited for her new album.
AND THAT WAS MY MARCH WRAP UP! Have you listened to any good songs/albums this March? Any good books?? Anything exciting happening in your fandoms?? Tell me down below!


6 comments:

  1. I'm in queue for We Are Okay at the library. I've heard not a lot happens, but I really love Nina LaCour's writing and so am hoping I'll enjoy it. I'm sorry you didn't! Do you think I would enjoy The Young Elites? Marie Lu's writing talent is phenomenal, but I don't know if I would find the plot too stereotypical or trope-filled. (Are you planning on reading Warcross when it comes out? I'm absolutely dying to get my hands on it.)

    I SWEAR I ABOUT FELL OFF MY CHAIR WHEN I HEARD ABOUT LORDE'S NEW ALBUM. Freaking finally, oh my god. I love her vocal style, and I couldn't be more excited.

    I've just had a weirdly good reading year thus far?? I read a ton of awesome books in March, but my favorites may be Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, Mark of the Plague by Kevin Sands, and Durarara Vols. 4 + 5 by Ryohgo Narita.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While not a lot happened, and it was lacking in the plot department, I did relate a lot to the main character, and the writing was beautiful, so I think you'll enjoy it, and it's got a f/f relationship too, so that's cool
      The Young Elites are very exciting, and I think there was like one trope?? anyways I think you should give it a try.( Also the plot is anything but stereotypical. It's very, very dark.) And yessss I am planning on reading Warcross, but idk if I'll be able to read it right away. We'll see.
      IKR I LOVE LORDE AND IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE SHE LAST RELEASED AN ALBUM. IT'S GOING TO BE AMAZING.
      I'm so glad you've had a good reading year so far! It's always great when that happens.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Have you heard anything by We Are The In Crowd? They're one of my favourite bands.

    I now want to read A Discovery of Witches, and I hadn't even heard of it before now. It sounds gloriously witchy.

    I'm behind on my Goodreads challenge. :( This has never happened before. It is a true tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have heard of them, and I do like some of their songs! I haven't heard everything by them yet, but yeah XD
      YES YOU MUST READ A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES. IT IS SO WITCHY AND AWESOME.
      Aww that sucks. I'm also a little behind on my goodreads challenge :(

      Delete
  3. THE YOUNG ELITES! <3 Such a dark and well-written tale, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. :) I can't wait to hear what you think about the sequels if you end up reading them. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous recap!

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great novel. Tbh I haven't read anything YA that was as dark as it. I do intend to read the sequels, but I have no idea when I'll get to them. Hopefully sometime soon!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.