Tuesday, 6 June 2017

May Wrap Up || In Which I Read A Pitiful Amount of Books.


This month I read a truly pitiful amount of books. Wait for it....three books. THREE. WHAT IS THIS?????????? School and theatre is what happened. I had a ton of final projects due, and I was also in a play (which went really, really well) and so I had hardly time to even think about books.

BOOKS I READ:

-The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare. I loved this book, it was so fun and I really loved reading about Magnus. 5/5 stars

- The Wonder of Us by Kim Culbertson. This was a sweet, fun (and quite angsty) book about two girls' friendship that is going on the rocks. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't amazing. 3/5 stars

- awkward by Svetlana Chmakova. I picked this middle-grade graphic novel up on a whim while at the library, and it was quite entertaining. 3/5 stars.


WRITING NEWS:
I finished Gearbound! I'm currently starting editing it and cringing, because it's so horrible. But, I do have tons of ideas about what will make the second draft better. I will be cutting a ton of stuff, but adding more than what I'm cutting. Draft 1 finished at just over 20,000 words, just as I predicted it would.


FANDOM NEWS:
(I feel like Fandom News has turned into music news, but whatever)
- Salt To The Sea by Ruta Spetys. Honestly, I am so excited for this, since I adored the book. They better do a good job of it. http://www.thefandom.net/movies/salt-sea-adapted-fault-stars-scribes/
-We got a first look at a piece of concept art for Peter Jackson's adaptation of The Mortal Engines series: http://www.thefandom.net/movies/first-mortal-engines-concept-art/
- Disney is currently casting for their adaptation of Artemis Fowl.

MAY PLAYLIST:
- Strangers by Halsey ft Lauren Jauregui. AHH WHAT A FRICKING AMAZING SONG I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
- Kill V. Main by Grimes. I recently got into Grimes' music, and WOW. It's amazing.
-Idle Worship by Paramore. This song is such a bop.
-Forgotton City (RiME soundtrack) by Lindsey Stirling. Lindsey does it again. This song is so beautiful and I can't stop listening to it.
- Nice2KnoU by All Time Low. Another good pop punk-ish song, and I'm living for it.


And that was my May! What was your favourite song that you listened to in May? Any exciting fandom news? Did you manage to read more books than I did? Tell me all in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, congrats on Gearbound!! *confetti*

    Salt to the Sea is a required school read for me this year, so it looks like I'll be reading it just in time! Oh my God, that concept art is BEAUTIFUL. AND WHAT DID SOMEONE SAY ARTEMIS FOWL???? I am 100% here for that.

    I read seven books, which isn't too great for me but finalsssss. *cry* I think the best one I read was Phantom of Blood Alley by Paul Stewart, with Caraval by Stephanie Garber as a runner-up.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh thanks!
      Salt to the sea will make you cry so hard. It's an amazing book.
      IKR I LOVE THE CONCEPT ART AND ALSO I LITERALLY SCREAMED WHEN I HEARD THAT THEY ARE CASTING FOR ARTEMIS FOWL.
      Seven books? Well kudos to you for managing seven during finals! I only managed three lol.

      Delete

WHAT DID YOU THINK?! TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS! I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS.